Thursday, July 17, 2008

Closing time.

So we have made our last meal for a while here in the GF. I think we are pretty much ready to go. The house is cleaned, the car is washed, the sprinklers and timers are all set up. We will pack our bags tonight and maybe do some yoga. And then it is off to Vancouver for the first leg of our "Family Reunions Summer Trip". Really looking forward to seeing friends this Sunday at the KKD Birthday extravaganza. If you are in Vancouver and haven't been invited consider yourself invited. Email me and I will get you the details. The lack of invite is just oversight on my part.

Lets start with this evenings meal. The third planned meal was te-maki sushi. Always a favourite at our house, surprisingly it was not met with the rave reviews as usual. Perhaps it was the heat today. Too hot to really want to eat anything. The toppings included, pan fried salmon, fake crab, big shrimp, avocado, cucumber, pickled daikon spears, and celery. There was also a side of cauliflower with cheese sauce. I really enjoyed it and am now contentedly full. The rice was a little drier than usual but still sticky enough to make it all work. Ahhh... Well I think I might be able to get the next couple of days up while we are in Van. As for blogging from Japan I will do my best and the good lord willing, things will turn out, is your name ray-anne, isn't that a song by motley crue, the ra-in is a stay-an.

Post dinner wrestling match. They both wanted to have a turn taking pictures with the camera.

No comments: