Tuesday, April 7, 2009

See you Monday.

Well we are off for the coast for a few days. The newest needs his Japanese citizenship and a buddy needs to kiss of his singledom for all the joys of marriage. I honestly tried to talk him out of it but he was havin none of it. Just kidding, they have our best wishes.

As for the lack of dinner yesterday and Sunday it was chili and seemed so leftover-ish and uninspired I couldn't get anything going. I know there are those of you out there who want the down to earth nothing special meals but its my blog so pooh pooh to you. As for the rest of you, I feel the love.This evening the wife took everything that was left in the house and whipped us up a bon voyage dinner. She roasted the squash and yam that we bought last weekend and then marinated some boneless skinless chicken breasts after cutting them into little slices. I came home and microwaved some rice and pan fried the chicken. And dinner was ready.
Now I've got to ask. Is roasted Yam not the yummiest of all cooked vegetables? I mean I go gaga for the stuff and the wife seems to tear up when she eats it. Yet the daughter quite literally turns up her nose. She has got a mental set against roast yam. Its down right un-American (okay we are Canadian but un-Canadian doesn't have the same ring, don't you agree?) to not love roasted yam. She sure does pack away the chicken though. And has never met an ice cream cone she didn't like. Well I guess that is part of being a kid. Well, if things go exceedingly well we will have some posts from the coast. But don't hold your breath.

No comments: