Saturday, March 14, 2009

Play then Eat

Well that was the brilliant plan that our dinner guests brought with them this evening. Usually when they come over they arrive for dinner and then the kids have plan time afterwards and everyone is pooped or full and then it gets late and everyone is a little whiney. However, arriving two hours before dinner the kids had a great play day, dinner was made at a leisurely pace and then we ate and everyone went home. Perfect.

Now I did a horrible job of managing the camera this evening and there wouldn't be a single photo were it not for the guests intervening as I was about to dig in to the last pizza. It was kind of a potluck and the guests brought, wings, chips, and a wicked awesome zuchinni chocolate cake. Of course I have pictures of none of these. We added in some pizza and a ceasar salad. It was passable pizza but it definitely wasn't inspired. I don't think I was focussed enough. I was having too much fun hanging out pre dinner to really get in the zone. Everyone else gave the impression of being satisfied so I will have to take them at their word. But I know I can do better.

I did manage to get a post feast picture of the kitchen before I did the dishes. This is of course the state that the kitchen is still in as I write this post. Procrastination is one of the major driving forces behind this blog. Just in case you didn't know.

Oh yeah, we also made bread today. This is the dough after the first rising. Apparently you need to spray it with water if it gets dried out in the rising process. I would never have known. The bread turned out pretty well but of course I didn't take a picture of that either. Having a good day here. We are hoping to make croissants tomorrow. Now that should be interesting. I hope we have enough butter.

No comments: