Thursday, January 8, 2009

Breathe Out

We made it. Its Thursday evening which means I safely navigated another week. Only two weeks left in this semester. After school the kids sledded a little and then we all came home. Some snow shoveling later and I was back to school for a little basketball. Meanwhile, back at the ranch they were eating guacamole and yaki soba. The soba was so delicious that they didn't finish the guac so I managed to get some when I arrived back home with a really sore elbow. There must be a cure for tennis elbow but it probably involves slowly getting back into the exercise you like doing and building up the muscles and tendons along the way. This sort of clashes with the do nothing and then go all out philosophy that I follow. Rats.

Anyways, after arriving home from b-ball I found the familiy in the midst of watching Kung-Fu Panda. I watched the last half and then we watched it again so I could see the whole thing. Nice movie. This is how the family looked by the end of the movie.All settled in for one of those long winter naps. Some tooth brushing and a phone call from Grandma later it is now time for bed. Yosh. The pass is open and the midwife is coming to see us tomorrow. Gotta love getting good service.

Best line from the kung-fu panda movie,

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift and that is why we call it the present."

Some real truth in that. Hard to stay focussed on but some real truth there.

No comments: