Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My wife rocks


Well, this evening I was informed by one of my sisters that she too would like to have a wife. I have to admit that our life together is far beyond any blessing I could have hoped for. I try to let her know everyday just how much I appreciate how great she makes our life together. Today was another example. While I was off at school the family went to the park for a picnic lunch. When I got back from work they were off shopping and then the fabulous meal above was prepared while I was out for a run. There must be a bolt of lightning or some other catastrophe waiting for me because this is just too good. Back to the meal, bacon and broccoli pasta was accompanied by a lovely garden salad with an onion, garlic, vinegar dressing. The home grown tomatoes bring so much flavour to salads. I personally just enjoy eating them like one would a peach. Nothing like a juicy piece of fruit for an afternoon snack.

On a different note, we are now three months into the pregnancy and we discussed today how I can coach basketball through the pregnancy. I was planning to not coach this year but after discussing it my wife illustrated a strategy that should make it possible for me to coach. I ran into one of my players from last year while at the library with my daughter this afternoon. I asked him if he had been playing much this summer and he said he had. I really don't want to let them down so I am super happy that the wife had a plan. I still need to look for an assistant coach but I am feeling pretty up about being able to carry on with the foundation that was laid last year. Time for an early hitting of the hay.

No comments: