Monday, May 5, 2008

She wanted them Saladized

So this evenings original plan was pan fried salmon, mashed potatoes, with stir fried zucchini and green beans. We (the parents) make these plans on a Sunday evening when the world is calm and the little ones are safely asleep dreaming of horsey rides (I always wondered why the knees are the first things to go). What we don't consider are the whims of the little people when it comes time to prepare the meal. And lets face it. If they want to eat vegetables in a certain way it would be parental suicide to try and force them to do something different. So we had potato salad, really a close cousin of the mash, instead. I noticed the zucchs morphed into cauliflower. As of press time we don't have any details, I am guessing it was a crunch time shopping decision. Dad loves zucchini, kids love cauliflower. Once again my wife made the prudent decision and I get the shaft. Wait. Did I really call coming home to this dinner the shaft? Sometimes I have to give my head a shake. I am living the dream. And yes, I try to say thanks for it everyday.

Staff meeting tomorrow but I want to make it home for dinner. Wouldn't you.

No comments: