Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Fi-est-de-resistance.



My newly coined french word for a feast that tops off a day. We had a huge salad from our volunteer garden. It was topped by the now classic, home made dijon dressing. Of course this evenings variation had lemon juice instead of vinegar. There were three types of pizza. Kids ham and pineapple. A pepperoni, mexican salami, onion and mushroom affair came second. The third pizza was a vegetarian bearing tidings of red pepper, onion, mushroom, spinach and feta cheese. All the pizzas were great however a grate loss was suffered by our kitchen. The pizza oven is officially dead. The stone still heats but the broiler doesn't broil. It makes a fine crust but the top just never gets fully cooked. So if we have to use the stove anyways we may as well do the whole pizza in there. Best five dollars I ever spent on that pizza oven. Can't imagine ponying up the $100 and something for a new one. Oh let the garage sale gods shine on me again.

Rounding out there meal there were veggies and dip, chips and salsa, miso soup and a final offering of not one, not two but three types of ice cream. I didn't even eat dessert though as once again I was stuffed to over flowing.

Now since our Somalians (sommelier + aliens) were over for dinner we had wine. It was a Syrah, from Dessert Hills. 2005. Smelt of cherry, very even. I thought it had a lot of flavour and would have accompanied a red meat very well. But what do I know.

1 comment:

Dora said...

I just realised that I bookmarked one of your entries instead of the actualy blog. ooops. You are hardcore on getting the blog on everyday.

Looks like some great meals. Can't wait for you to photograph the dinner at our bbq on the 30th!
Katy