Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pasta Casserole


Well I went with my own idea for a three cheese pasta casserole. The three cheeses were cheddar, emmental and romano. The wife whipped up her basic white sauce from milk, butter and flour and then we added in the cheese. The onions and tuna were fried up. The pasta was boiled. In the casserole dish she laid out the pasta, covered it with broccoli and cauliflower, the onion and tuna mix, and then poured the cheese sauce over the whole thing. The kids said that it was a little sharp for them, I think that was the emmental. For a first attempt at our own recipe I think it went really well. The accompanying vegetable was tomato and cucumber slices with a sprinkling of vinegar. Once the garden comes in this is one of our favourite dishes. From about mid July to mid September the kids probably eat this at least once a day. I am still way under the weather. I actually didn't go in to work today.

Tomorrow: BBq hamburgers with baked potatoes.

No comments: