Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Meryl

I have to ask, is there any movie that Meryl Streep is in that she doesn't make. I mean I love Out of Africa, one of my all time faves. I really enjoyed the French Lieutenant's Woman. She was great in Silkwood. Okay our recent viewing of Mamma Mia left me slightly underwhelmed but she can sing. Lets face it practically everything she is in is gold (death becomes her wasn't that ba... okay lets leave that one out too).

Tonight I watched Sophie's Choice for the first time and I once again fell in love with Meryl Streep. What a brilliant movie. Now I have to find, and read, the book. As I started watching I noticed it runs 150 min. I worried that it might be a little slow but I found it riveting. Awesome characters. Great script both for dialogue and pacing. Amazing flash back pieces. Totally heart wrenching moments. And Meryl Streep. She is just so convincing an actress. The camera just loves her. I don't know how one learns to act like that but it is an amazing skill.

After going to her IMDB page I noticed that she actually hasn't been in that many movies (forgot to mention Kramer vs Kramer and Heartburn, oh that disasterous perm) but the list is just amazing.

No comments: