Monday, September 15, 2008

The revenge of the Pork

So after last nights foray into pork, the wife decided to marinate up the rest of it. This sat nicely in the fridge until this evening. But I get ahead of myself. The focal point of this evenings meal was a lovely chef's salad. Right down to the hard boiled eggs, quarter and precisely arranged around the points of the compass. The salad had some potato, beans, lettuce, celery, red pepper, red onion, chives and a creamy dressing of unknown origin ( I just didn't ask). I enjoyed it but the wife pointed out that it was more of a visual feast than a gustatory one. I thought it nice but she had a lot personally invested and I don't think was satisfied with her final product. I think maybe more paprika or vinegar but I hate to sound critical. I liked it. Getting on to the rest of the meal we have to get back to the marinated pork.
I don't know about you but whenever I cook pork it turns hard and kind of lifeless. Even if it is undercooked I somehow often manage to ruin it. Of course the wife offsets this frailty as she makes outstanding pork. Cooked through and through but still juicy and tender. My mouth is actually watering while I write this even though I am full. It really was superb. The past I made last night was added on as a second side dish and with a little parmesan added courtesy of the old wife-ola the missing ingrediant was found add the thinness it suffered from last night disappeared. It might have also been the second day flavour spreading syndrome which makes leftover chilli and curry so good. We will never know on that front. By the way the kids salsa is fantastic. Cilantro, cilantro, cilantro. Not overwhelming just enough to say, "hey I'm over here, no hurry." Yeah, if its that good after sitting for 3 days I can't wait to see how good it is after 2 months. Sound of hands rubbing together.

No comments: