Monday, May 26, 2008

Dinner and Dancing

As my wife put it, this evening's dinner was a classic. And it was. Our classic spaghetti and meat sauce. I don't know how we got to the point where we have a classic but here we are. We both consistently hit the same notes when we make the sauce. It could be that the ingredients are generally always the same but I think there may be something more. I think we are becoming the same person. I realise this happens to people when they get married but I didn't think it would happen to us. But it has. Back to the meal, I just love this sauce. It isn't over powering in flavour or anything unusual. When I eat it I am not salivating or commenting on it. But there is an urge, a craving. It took a good chunk of will power to not go and have a second plate. And I was quite full. Just knowing there is some in the fridge right now is a little unnerving as it is almost midnight and the last thing I need is a pile of carbs and protein before turning in.

The other high point of this evening was watching my daughter perform in her first recital. It was tap. She and her classmate did a Bob Fossey number, steamed heat from the pajama game. Choreographed by their teacher. They brought the house down. The 150 + people watching oohhed and ahhed at their cuteness and the dancing was more or less synchronized. The daughter had fun and my son watched most of the show in relative quite. Good times.

No comments: