Sunday, April 27, 2008

No cockle shells here.


So you may be wondering how the vegetable garden is coming along. The tomato and pepper army is currently taking over the picture window in the dining room. As you can see, some got off to a better start than others. The sweet, long, yellow pepper seeds I saved from last year are the farthest seeds away. All of the other seed I saved was not viable. Not a single chile, jalapeno, or habanero sprouted for me. Oh the pain. So I will be buying my hot peppers in pots this year. I am loathe to buy plants in pots as I feel I should be able to start them on my own. That is one of the challenges I am finding with gardening. You measure your progress year on year rather than minute on minute. Not being the most patient person in the world this poses no small challenge to me. But since there is nothing I can do about it I guess I will have to learn.

No comments: