Friday, September 17, 2010

This Week in Sports

So I ran ten k today, almost. Apparently there will be a lap around the track when I actually do the race.  Three freakin hills on the route.  One of which is more than a kilometer in length.  I don't think this is the kind of course I will be breaking forty minutes on.  Today, working pretty hard, it took me 51 with out the extra lap so that would put me at 53 for the actual ten k.  Now I do have about three months till the actual race and I really have just started back but holy shnikkees.  To grind 13 minutes off of what I did today.  It just seems totally unreasonable.  I need to find a flat course race some time in March.  Or possibly something back in Canada come june or july.  The good news is that this is the second day in a row of running and I did an hour of yoga this morning.

In other news the box arrived.  We ordered a bunch of stuff from the foreign buyers club here in Japan and it arrived yesterday.  So today we are having nachos and salsa with the doritas, jalapenos, olives and brick of cheddar that came in the mail.  We have to wait until Sachon and Kiyomi come back from checking out Piano lessons.  I think I can I think I can.  The salsa turned out pretty well and sachon made the guacamole so I am sure it is tasty.  I just need to find a grater for the cheese.  Damn the things you take for granted. If I manage to get a picture took before the ravenous ranks descend upon the food I will up load it.  No promises.

Going golfing tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

Love out.

1 comment:

von grudegin said...

They don't have cheese graters in Japan? For some reason that just really brings home that you are in a foreign country. I'm beginning to think nachos for dinner myself.