Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shake it, shake it baby.

Well we shook and booked. No we shaked and baked. Well the rhyme doesn't work in the past tense but anyways there was breaded chicken drumsticks for dinner tonight. Originally it was just going to be roast chicken with vegetables but the grocery store had no "legs with back attached"so we got drum sticks and went for it.End result, success. Baked for about one hour at 400. Then I broiled it two minutes a side right at the end to brown up the potatoes and crisp up the chicken. Juicy, and tender yet crisp and cooked. Now that's how I like it. The Mrs and the oldest both ate modestly but the middle one had four drumsticks and seconds of everything. End result, pretty empty pan. When he eats, he eats. Maybe we cut down on the snacks today but he was shovelling it back. Even had seconds of the pasta salad. Leftover pasta from lunch with carrots, celery, green onions and a creamy yogurt and basil dressing (we are officially out of our home dried dill. Dang it.) This bowl was also empty by the end of dinner. With the quantities we are currently consuming I can foresee a time of great famine for the parents. I'd say when the youngest hits like 9 it will be hard to get a fork in edgewise. Something to look forward to.

Below is the son photo bombing some family pictures. He does it well.The daughter wishes me to point out the locket she got from her friend in the picture below. She tortured some photos we have an now her mother and myself are nestled nicely into the tiny inside picture frames. Time to go and read "I had trouble in getting to Solla Sollew" and "Bartholomew and the Ooblick." I have so much love for the Seuss these days. I keep thinking I haven't read them and then when I open the book it all comes rushing back. Glorious.

No comments: