Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Veggie Table

So we have a vegetarian night this evening. Sure there were some shrimp on the table but everything else was vegetarian. I had requested veggies and dip when asked for a dinner suggestion. The wife teased me with the offer of sour cream in the dip but she forgot to buy it while at the store. I like the thickness it adds to our yogurt dip. The dip was still enjoyable and I put away my fair share of cucumber and broccoli. The wife thought that tempura fried veggies would be a nice compliment so she deep fried some breaded zucchini, sweet potato, and carrots. These were offset with a ketchup/mayonaisse dipping sauce. Finally we had a big pot of soup that had been on the stove most of the day. It was made with cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, turkey soup stock and various seasonings. The balance between the richness of the dipping sauces and the keeness of the soup contrasted nicely.

Other than that it was a perfect day here. We skated on our rink beneath a beautiful blue sky this afternoon. It was actually warm enough to skate around in shirt sleeves. I might even put down another layer this evening. Good times.

No comments: