Sunday, November 9, 2008

Procrastination

Well I should be marking projects from last week but I just got bogged down. So here I am. The reason I still have this marking to do is because we were away all weekend. We drove down Wednesday night and drove back Sunday morning. It was a pretty great trip. Leaving on the Wednesday meant we had all of Thursday to do stuff as a family. The wife got a new pair of shoes, the kids got another dvd a piece. The son picked up a wedding outfit for two weeks from now.

Man was the daughter ever pissed that she didn't get equal treatment. She is a tough nut sometimes and I am worried about the day that my fatherly authority no longer carries the weight it does currently...."Because I said so" is my umbrella to her approaching hurricane winds. Lets just hope I have the sense to let go of it once she really starts blowing.

[ed. do you see what he did there, instead of writing that he was "in over his head" he tried to create his own metaphor. I really think he should stick to cliches and leave the real writing to professionals. ]

Yeah I just don't have the time or motivation to fix it. Damn.

On Friday we went out for a White Spot dinner with one of my buddies and his lady. Gotta love the white spot. Poor service and mediocre food you can count on. I should probably break our family out of that rut but the kids like the pirate pack and I am a big believer in the burger classic plate. It comes with a ceasar salad now. That was new and unexpected. It was great catching up and we should get some more quality time in a couple of weeks.

In other news we had a lovely dinner at my sisters place. We feasted on her sushi and beer (kids not so much, me way too much) and had a lovely evening filling each other in on where life is taking us. It is always nice to reconnect. One of the topics the sis mentioned was arrival and departure dates around the holiday season. We will be open for business from the 19th of December to the 3rd of January. Those who are coming feel free to make the most of this time. Those who aren't will be missed deeply and are expected to get here some time between Feb 28th and March 29th. We should have some new stuff to show off around then.

Well gotta get back to work. Gotta stop taking off the whole weekend.

No comments: