Friday, September 5, 2008

Thursday Sept 4th.

Well with three days in the bag and only one to go things are looking good. Had a good run after school and came home to find another amazing dinner being made. I jumped in to help and made a bowl of fresh salsa. I also made fresh tomato juice once again to keep the salsa from being to soupy. I then add a sprinkle of salt to the tomato juice and it was awesome. It did seem to be missing something but I didn't have the rest of a bloody mary so I enjoyed it virgin. The soup was made with the last of the pumpkin from last year. When I say pumpkin I mean pumpkin, as in jack'o lantern type pumpkin, not squash. It was awesome. I don't know if it is cumin or nutmeg but just that hint of spice sets it off nicely. The salad was good on the side, feta cheese crumbled over carrots lettuce tomatoes and cucumber. It was also nice wrapped up with the pan fried/steamed pork, the stir fried veggies, the previously mentioned salsa and some very lemony guacamole. I don't know what I did in a previous life to enjoy this bounty but I ain't complaining.

No comments: