Sunday, May 4, 2008

Summ-ahhhh


Oh the heat. The heat is lovely. We hit 26 degrees today. My daughter had to change her clothes twice going from a long shirt to a tank and then from pants to shorts. I of course choose the hottest day of the year so far to dig the tomato trench. 60 feet long, 12 inches wide and deep. I filled it with compost and manure. The returned the soil. I lay a 100 ft soaker hose down the length of the trench and the remaining 40 ft will feed our raspberries. Then I covered the filled in trench with weed fabric. The remaining task is to erect the tomato/cucumber/bean/ cantaloupe supports and then I just start planting. This is all based on the Square Foot Garden. A lovely book that has me down sizing the garden and upsizing expectations.

Oh yeah we had dinner tonight too. It was left over chili on rice. I added some of the hot green salsa to mine. We also had a light green salad with a (just a sec...) okay listen to this dressing, peanut butter, lime, vinegar and honey. It was really nice. The dressings continue to keep me satisfied.

We have planned this week and it is looking good. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rachel Catriona said...

Your dressings do sound really good. I like the peanut butter with lime, sounds kind of Thai-ish, bet it would be good with cilantro.