Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spaghetti with Garlic Sticks


Well finishing off the first week we have spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread sticks, broccolli and cauliflower with cheese and apple crumble with ice-cream. The timing with this dinner was important. Basically, I had to get home in time to make the dough otherwise we end up eating at eight. I made it just under the wire, 4:32. Lots of basil and oregano in the dough from the outset and then a crushed garlic and olive oil brush on after the sticks had been rolled and let to rise again. The meat sauce wasn't very saucy and the gallery was calling for my head. They wanted to dip their bread sticks in a nice thick sauce and I did not come through. A very simple steamed broccoli with cauliflower. Sliced cheese had to make do as I ran out of enthusiasm for the cheese sauce. I kind of top out at 2 dishes, so between sauce, pasta and bread sticks I was running on empty. Fortunately, the good ole wife came through with a lovely apple crumble and the healthy vegetable side. Gotta love it when plan comes together. We are sitting down now to see what is on sale this week and decide what the menu will be. Stay tuned.

No comments: