Monday, October 5, 2009

Back in the Saddle

...once more. Wow now there was a break. Life has gotten pretty hectic and there just doesn't seem to be any time anywhere. We were away for about four days and so I do have that natural excuse. However, life is just really really busy. This week should prove to be no better and the week after that will be a little nutty. The third week on is going to be crazy but the week after that ends in a weekend where I don't leave town at all. Asides from Halloween it should be a nice weekend of catching up and getting the garden ready for an ice rink.

While we were away I managed to take one picture of the kids. Here are the three of them basking in the electric glow of a television. I am now dealing with the discussion of why we don't have cable. Seven years, it was a good run. I wonder how long I will be able to stick it out. Fingers crossed.On the food front last night we had beans and rice. I crafted the mostly jalapeno salsa on the right. It was hot. The Mrs. whipped up the rest, while I ran around doing all the things that need to be done when you get back to town: Cross the border for gas, pick up our fishes from the fish sitter (Status Report: All fishes still alive), go get milk and veggies. Then it was dinner and off to work to get ready for today. Which thankfully is now in the books. Tomorrow is another day. Parent teacher interviews and Annie practice. I am booking rooms for anyone who plans to come and see the show, Thursday the 26th of Nov.

No comments: